Friday, April 22, 2011

The power of the cross

I'm going to link to a song that i have posted before. I thought i would post it again with today being Good Friday. All you have to do is click on the title of my post "the power of the cross" at the top and it will play. I was posting it on facebook earlier and as i was playing it Raegan hopped up on the desk with me and was watching it also. Towards the end her face got very serious and with a shaky little voice she said "that makes me so sad" and buried her head in my chest and bawled her little eyes out.

Ethan was right with us as well and quickly told his little sister "but it's ok Raegan he didn't stay dead, he came alive again after 3 days...he's not on the cross anymore, he's in heaven!" (proud momma moment)

She calmed down after we talked for a bit and she wanted to watch it again...then she went on with her day and playing.

It made me think. It broke her little heart that Jesus died on the cross and that people did that to him. It made her bawl her eyes out! Shouldn't it break our hearts more often? Shouldn't we take it less for granted what he did for us that day? Shouldn't we shed a tear thinking about the pain and suffering he went through for us?!

It may be different for others but sometimes just sitting and listening and watching this is the best tool for me to reflect and really think about what He did for me!

I Corinthians 15:3-4

I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! Sometimes seeing things through the eyes of a child puts it all into perspective again. =)

Thanks!

PS: You're kids are precious!

Elisa Seaba said...

Thanks Val!

Barbie said...

Wow, that was great! If only all of us would learn from her example. The sacrifice Jesus made SHOULD affect us like that.
I see that she has a sensitive heart. I hope that never changes.

Happy Easter, Elisa!