Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another school year

Our lazy summer is over and it is back to school time...well two weeks ago it was but i am just getting around to blogging about it because like i said it was a lazy summer and i was lazy about blogging too!

This first picture is the first day that all four went back. Avery and Ethan went back for a half day first and then the next day they all went.



 The first day was a little rough for some to wake up. It hasn't gotten much easier since then for Ethan to open his eyes while he eats his cereal. He still eats his first bowl with them shut half the time but by his second helping he more wide awake!


 Ethan's first day of 1st grade!


 Avery's first day of 6the grade, first day of middle school!


 I do not have a picture of Trey beside with all 4 on his first day of 8th grade because when i realized i didn't have one, he wasn't the most cooperative...teenagers, i tell ya!

Raegan's first day of kindergarten. She goes half day and goes in the afternoon. She was so excited to go to school. She is a young kindergartner as she just turned 5 a week after school started.



 We borrowed one of her friends posters before school


 and then it was time to line up to go inside...


 She found her desk right away and then just sat there. She finally got some crayons out and started coloring her paper that was on her desk


 I didn't know if i would cry as i left my youngest at school but i did not. It might have been partially due to the fact i was chatting with other moms or partially due to having to hurry off to go get new tires on the van. I did have a little wave of sadness that my years of always having one home with me all day were over!


 Raegan has the same teacher that Ethan had last year.


They are all off to a good start. Avery has her locker down pat and besides getting lost every now and again has her classes down. Trey is enjoying being the oldest class at school, the top dogs. Ethan is adjusting to school lunches and figuring out what he likes and what he doesn't. Raegan seems to be making friends quickly and talks about one in particular a lot...her name is Avery...must make her feel at home :)

I have found plenty to do with my 3 hrs per day sans kids. The second day i went shopping and went and ate at Chipolte...it was a very relaxing afternoon! As the temps get cooler i am planning to get some of my running done after i drop Raegan off at school which will help free up some of my evenings.

It's gonna be a great year!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe you dropped Reagan off without crying. It's even making ME cry but my hormones might be slightly off these days. I hope you all have a great school year!

Barbie said...

Great pictures of your kids' first days of school! I can't believe Raegan is old enough to go to Kindergarten already. My, how time flies :) Enjoy your "me" time!