Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Party at my crib

2:30 am rolled around and the crying began. Never a good sound to wake up to because when she wakes up i know it's going to be a LONG night! And as usual i tried bringing her into bed with me, that didn't work so went to the recliner until Avery came out saying she was having a bad dream over and over so told her to lay on the couch and after she fell asleep i headed into Avery's bed to hopefully crash with Raegan (it's that or put her into bed and have the whole household wake up to her screaming)

As i was dozing off i remember her climbing over me and sliding off the bed....the rest is kinda a blur. I was in and out all night. Raegan kept bringing me things-empty lotion containers that she had smeared all over her body (she is very strong smelling of a lotion scent this morning), a little pocket mirror that i opened aproximately 15 times in my semi-comatose state. I opened my eyes one time and she was standing beside me in Avery's swimming suit (wrong side out and backwards)

She decided at 6:45 that she had had it and crawled back over me into bed and fell fast asleep. I can't even tell you how strongly i felt against waking this child at 7:30! Nap time can't come soon enough...every time this has happened in the past she has had ear infections...we shall see! I quickly cleaned up Avery's messy room before waking her for school cause she would have flipped to see her room this way...i'll admit, she's like her momma in this area!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

awesome...i have had those nights, sometimes more than I will ever admit.....glad you did though :)....I bet she sleeps before nap time. :) I think our ear infections will be coming soon too. I have 2 runny noses and 1 just getting over one and tubes fell out. :(

A Full House said...

Oh, I bet you did hate waking her again! Hopefully she is taking a very long nap for you.

Unknown said...

Oh no! Both of my girls woke up last night at 2:30 too! (Thankfully, they both take after Josh and love their sleep.)
That's so funny that she just plays and plays in the middle of the night. =)

Tina... said...

WOOOW!!!! That looks like a fun night! I hope you both got a nap. :)