Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm All About Free Stuff!

This morning i got up at 4:15 am to go get in the drive-thru line at a Mcdonalds by our house that was having a grand re-opening. The store opened at 5:00 am and the first 100 drive-thru customers and the first 100 lobby customers received a free value meal a week for a year. 52 free meals is worth getting up a little early for me:) When i got there at 4:20 the line was already quite long, there were lot's of people outside, so i decided to go for the drive-thru- which i probably had about 30 cars in front of me or so. As i'm sitting there my sister Julie drove up and got a couple of cars behind me. After gettiing through the line we went to a different parking lot and ate our food and then saw that a lot of the cars in the line had left (assuming they gave up) so we got a little greedy and decided to try it again:) and sure enough got another booklet! So 104 free value meals this year! I'd say a worthwhile morning.:) I got home about 6:30, just in time for Johnny to go to work and for me to konk out for an hr before i had to get the kids up for school.

6 comments:

June Duehring said...

Oh my word! You guys are funny. You should have told me, I would have joined you.

grammaneir said...

You guys have some of your Mother's blood in you I believe. I can guarantee you that I would have been there.

Paula said...

You have to go for the free stuff-especially food!! I love free stuff too-Travis says I'm a pack rat (maybe) :)

Unknown said...

Josh would be proud!! Listen to this....he and I used to sign up for credit cards for a free 2 Liter, and not even a name brand. It was Sam's Choice! There's just something about getting it free that is sooo satisfying. Believe me, Josh and I would have been in line with you.

Anonymous said...

You're a better woman than I am. Free food or not, 4:15 is waaaaay too early for me to get up. I don't like getting up at 7:00.

Jen said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I would have been there too! Hey, they're remodeling a McDonalds near my house and will be reopening in May/June sometime. Do you think they'll do something like that here? You could all drive to Raymore and we could sit and eat breakfast at 4:15 in the morning together :) Ha-HA! Roxy, you'd get up for me wouldn't you? Ha-ha!