Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One month to live

What would you do if you had one month to live? Our church is doing this series... all of the life groups are doing the book together.

For starters, i am sure i would be much better at completing each day's devotional instead of having to do several days at a time! Shame on me!

What would i do? I am sure cleaning my house, having laundry caught up, all of the things i work so hard on every day would be at the bottom of the list... but i probably wouldn't take the time to even make a list even though i am an obsessive list maker... I would have so much more to fill my time with.

What would i do? It makes me sick to even think about only having that amount of time with my family but i know i would do so many things differently each day. I want to strive everyday to live like i only had 30 days to live. Will this happen everyday? Absolutely not, i know myself pretty well...but if i take one day at a time, some days are better than none!

Hopefully, at the end of this 30 days i will look at each day differently. We never know the time that God has for us here on earth. It can be gone just like that...

" Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments: