Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Prairie Punisher


in between the two runs-chilling with the kids
the transition-switching the leg strap with the time chip from Rachel's to my leg
taking off on the 2nd 5k
finishing the 2nd 5k-last stretch
our winnings for being first female team finishers
wiped out!!
Johnny got the kids up bright and early to come watch me-we had a rough night with the youngest two-Ethan has a horrible cough and was up for almost an hr at 1am and when we got him back to sleep Raegan woke up-Johnny sent me back to bed and slept in the recliner with her
June, my mom, me and Julie(we missed you Susan)
my team mate Rachel (thanks for teaming up with me Rachel-it was fun!)


Today was the 7th annual Prairie Punisher Duathlon. Several years ago i did the whole thing, last year i was 9 months pregnant and went and watched my sisters complete it. This year I teamed up with Rachel Weyand. My mom teamed up with my sister Julie (which by the way i'm proud of my mom out there!! She passed on her love of running to me, i know if her feet and knees could take it she would be right out there running too!) , and my sister June teamed up with a friend, Damon (my sister's husband) did the whole thing and so did Rachel's so we had a good group to cheer each other on- the race consists of a 5k to start, then an 18 mile bike ride (that's where the punisher comes in because it is quite hilly!) and then another 5k run. I did the two 5k's and Rachel did the biking. It has been quite some time since i have done any races so this was so fun for me-probably would have been a little more fun if i had trained properly for this, but i completed it and now hopefully i will be hooked on races again! We were getting ready to leave but i thought i would check the results board and saw that Rachel and i had gotten first place in the women's team duathlon so we stuck around and got our award. Now i have to go to work which just might be a good thing that i keep moving so that i will actually be able to walk tommorow!

6 comments:

June Duehring said...

I am proud of you, Elisa! I am so glad you did it with us this year.

Great job on getting it on the blog right away. I fell into bed and slept an hour when I got home.

Kansas City Marathon here we come! :0)

June

John and Melanie said...

Congratulations, Elisa! You did great!

Marilee We Roll Along said...

Congratulations, Elisa! Also to your mom, June, and Julie. This is tremendous!

Kevin and Rachel Weyand said...

Thanks for teaming up with me, Elisa! You rocked on the running! I still can't believe how well we did! I'm glad you've got your groove back...here's to seeing you at future races!

Rachel

grammaneir said...

Congratulations Elisa! You did awesome - all that training paid off, huh:) All of your sisters and I think you just lope along with those long legs you have but we love to watch you. We are very proud of you and you and Rachel made a great team. Get ready for the next one!

Barbie said...

Great job, Elisa! I wish I had just a little of your stamina!