Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boys...


Trey loves frogs. He went camping with daddy and some guys this last weekend and went frog hunting. If it was up to Trey we would have a zoo of animals in his room, he has tried to convince me several times before that he needed to keep a frog he has caught for a pet.

Ethan made an interesting shot clinic experience for us this afternoon when he got upset that a lady put her purse in his chair-she moved it for him and he went and sat down and then proceeded to give her a couple of taps with his foot (according to Trey). The woman proceeded to announce to me "i think you should be aware your son has now kicked me 2 times and i think he needs to know that this is unacceptable behaviour!" - i think their my have been a cloud of smoke coming from my ears because she infuriated me the way she took a snooty tone with me and acted like i might possibly be completely ok with my child "kicking" complete strangers!!! For one he was in plain site of me the whole time and i never even saw him barely move-she acted like he full out wha-lay kicked her Not that i was ok with what he had done, but cmon lady! Against what i felt like doing i made him go and apologize which he did in a matter of fact "SORRY! " accompanied with a grumpy face which she replied in her ever so snotty voice "i'm sorry i put my purse in your chair" Hello lady he is 2 years old you are acting like he's a 6 yr old. Hope i don't run into her again any time soon! :) I am definately not one who thinks my child does no wrong, but the way she handled it didn't bring out the best, Christian like attitude in me! :)

After a little talk before bed about never kicking strangers, we said prayers. Ethan's goes about like this " Jesus- daddy safe at work- angels round bed- die on cross-amen".

2 comments:

June Duehring said...

Ha! That reminds me of the time we were shopping back when we had just our first couple of kids. Remember that lady that came to talk to us about letting our kids put things in their mouths and the danger of it? I think they were putting a hanger in their mouth or something. I think you had smoke coming out your ears that time, too. :)

Elisa Seaba said...

Ah yes, i do remember that, it was at jcpenney outlet. Yeah i think i do remember having smoke come out of my ears and saying something like, "do i have the word moron written on my forehead?" Mabye it was the same lady! :)