Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane


13 year ago today i married my best friend. We started dating our freshman year at Bible college and then the next year both worked to earn some mucho grande or at least enough to get life started. We were married May 20, 1995 and were off to our honeymoon in SanFrancisco. Through these last 13 years i have been very blessed by having a loving, helpful, hard working, loyal husband! Of course we have had hard times through the years (who doesn't) but the good times far outweigh the hard times! Johnny always keeps me laughing! He is an awesome daddy. I love watching he and the kids play, they all adore their daddy! Raegan cannot crawl fast enough to him when she sees daddy come in! I know that Johnny loves me but one specific time when i realized just how much was when i was 7 months pregnant with Ethan and had my appendix out and then was in the emergency room after being released with what they thought at the time was a blood clot in my lung (turned out to be pluresy -sp?). The love and concern that he showed me through that reminded me just how much my husband loved me. Another time after our 3rd pregnancy loss, he knew that i was on the verge of depression and knew i needed to laugh! Against my will (i didn't want to go anywhere!) he took me to a movie and we watched a hilarious movie, it cheered me up so much! He knew that if he could get me laughing i would feel better. Thank you Johnny!

Now with 4 kiddo we don't spend our weekends at the movie theaters like we used to or go out to a relaxing dinner very often. Life has changed, we spend the weekends at the soccer fields- we both grab a little one and change a diaper together-we divide up the duties at bedtime- we both laugh at our 9 years old silly jokes together-we get frustrated together trying to get our 7 yr old to decide on an outfit-we laugh our heads off at the cuteness of a 2 yr old-other days we are not laughing at the not so cuteness of our 2 yr old-we spend meal time shoveling food in our 9 month old mouth, forcing a 2 yrs old to eat, forcing a 7 yr old to eat and listening to a 9 yr old talk non-stop the whole time.... We have many times talked about how as hard as some days are, we wouldn't trade it for the world!

Thank you Johnny for being a loving husband, and wonderful father. Thank you for always keeping laughter in our house! Thank you for all that you do for me! I love you very much!

We will see how long it takes for him to see this.... :)

12 comments:

John and Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary Johnny & Elisa! I love that picture of your wedding dress. Good idea! Hopefully you can find time to have a relaxing date night. If you need a babysitter just let us know.

grammaneir said...

Congratulations John & Elisa. We pray God gives you many more happy years together.

June Duehring said...

That was sweet, Elisa. I remember when they said you had that clot in your lung and I have never seen Johnny so serious. His love for you showed.

Happy anniversary. I hope you have a fun anniversary at soccer practice. Ha! Let me know if you want to leave the kids here even if it is just for awhile after practice.

The Lanker Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the post!!

Elisa Seaba said...

did not take me long to see the post i love you Lisa you are the beast

Elisa Seaba said...

oops

Elisa Seaba said...

Oh i'm so happy you think i'm a beast :) I know what you meant :)

Unknown said...

That is sooooo sweet!!! Happy Anniversary guys!

A Full House said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!! Hope you are able to do something fun to celebrate.

Journaling My Journey said...

A wonderful tribute to your best friend.
Your Dad

Barbie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! It's great that Johnny makes you laugh. I think that God gave men a great sense of humor, to help to balance woman's seriousness! Hope you have many more great years together. God bless you!

Jen said...

Wow, I guess i haven't looked at your blog for a while. (I don't seem to get on here as much as I used to. I really need to get caught up!) Anyway, I loved all your recent posts! This one is SO neat! You guys have such a great relationship! I am inspired by you so much! You are awesome!