Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Sounds Of Summer




I found a good activity that the kids loved, shred our old paystubs. I made it clear how important our names or the number could not be left so that people could read them or they could get our money. They made sure each and every one was ripped to shreds double checking all the ones that Ethan through in.


Nobody will play with me
I'm bored
Can i watch a movie?
Today is so boring.
It's too hot outside.
Can i watch a movie?
How much longer do we have to stay out here?
When is 25 minutes up?
I'm bored.
Ethan says he's not my friend.
I've already read all my books.
Ok Avery you can be my best friend.
How long till Ethan's nap?
There is nothing to do.
Can i play on the computer?
Can i watch a movie?
I'm bored.
Stop throwing the ball in the house.
I'm bored.
Avery hit me.
Avery pushed me.
Trey hit me.
Trey pushed me.
I'm gonna tell!
MOMMY!
I didn't hit him.
I didn't push him.
I"M BORED!
Be quiet Ethan.
Can i watch a movie?
Get out of my room.
You can't play in here.
I'M BORED!!!

Mommy- I'm gonna go nuts!!! :)

6 comments:

Marilee We Roll Along said...

Summers are wonderful but I smiled at everyone of these statements as I've heard them, too!

I loved the idea of having them be your paper shredders!

grammaneir said...

Hang in there Mommy - Summer will be over before you know it:)

Barbie said...

That's a great idea to get your kids involved in some different projects! They are great kids and we really enjoy working with them at church.

Unknown said...

Hahah! I love your list of kid quotes. So funny! But great idea to get them to shred your paperwork. Next, maybe they can cook dinner... =)

Paula said...

It sounds hard trying to keep those kids busy. Sounds like they need some new hobbies. ;)

Jen said...

Wow, we need to plan a playdate...and QUICK....sounds like your kids are....what's the word....BORED! :-P ...that was cute!