Monday, January 14, 2008

Temporary Brain Lapse


While showering this morning i suddenly freaked out, i remembered i had left the mop and bucket of water sitting in the kitchen. I started hollering for Ethan but got no response- not a good feeling when i can't get him to respond, but i thought mabye i should just leave him alone, He is probably playing and hasn't noticed the bucket and if i draw attention to it then there will be a mess for sure. Should have gone with my first gut feeling of yikes, when i got out i saw him sitting oh so nice in front of the tv all covered up with his blankie, mop laying on the floor in front of him- just giving me a brief over the shoulder "it's wet mommy" (mimicking what i had told him when i was mopping the kitchen)and then going right back to his show. Yes in deed it was wet- he had mopped with A LOT of water the entire kitchen and entire front room wood floors but left the carpet alone, thank goodness! Our house is pine-sol fresh let me tell ya!! I told him "oh Ethan you are gonna drive mommy nuts"- his response "i not nuts mommy".

4 comments:

June Duehring said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have had the same brain lapse many times before. Every single time they find the bucket and mop the floor again for me.

Paula said...

Oh my-at least he didn't do anything dangerous!!! :)

grammaneir said...

Oh Ethan - you are Mommy's little miracle baby and there won't be a dull moment with you around.

A Full House said...

Made me laugh:0) Especially the "I not nuts". He is such a little character!